Monday, July 28, 2008

In Memory Of.......

Arrangement # 53
I was walking around my chalet late this afternoon when the fragrance in the air directed me to a pair of flowering White Ginger Lily ( Hedychium coroncarium ). Instinctly I made a cutting of them and looked around for some foliage to match. The colourful young foliage of the Penaga ( Mesua ferrea) or sometimes referred to as Ironwood Tree and the showy Golden Netbush ( Pseuderanthemum reticulatum) crossed my path. Then I thought I needed another colour to add variety and mood. I went to a corner of the garden where I planted bignonia( Bignonia magnifica) and took three flowering stalk. Happy with the collection I rushed in to my study room and made a composition which is difficult to describe in words but in brief represented youth, fragrance, mellow feeling , a feeling of losing someone dear .....I therefore dedicate this composition to.......In Memory Of........

No comments: