Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pure white and common?


Is the Common Gardenia so common? Try to search for it in towns and there's a 90% chance that you'll hardly see it at all now. I used to see them in abundance in the sixties in village compounds or town houses. These days you'll be thankful if you can stumble upon one. For that reason I have planted scores of this shrub at my farm to keep it in ready stock. I plant it mainly for its scented pure white flowers and its dark green leaves.

Arrangement # 145

I have tried to keep the theme fresh and green today. Thus I have matched the pure white flowers of the Common Gardenia ( Gardenia jasminoides) with eye- relaxing green colours of young 'pandan' leaves. Would love to name this composition simply .........Fresh, Young and Pure.

No comments: